Health and Safety:
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environment areas. Promotes a positive safety culture through leadership by example.
- Promote a safety culture through engagement with direct reports and hourly employees. Ensures safe and healthy working conditions.
- Implements an effective health and safety action plan including training, communication, audits, aligned with the HSMS developed by the Country organization & the Group.
- Ensure strict compliance with all health and safety rules and country regulations
- Promotes a culture of performance. Effectively develops goals and objectives to implement actions, track performance and continuously look for opportunities for improvement
- Actively participates in setting annual Budget with a sufficient level of detail to drive execution and tracking.
- Conducts monthly financial review with team of the P & L and Balance sheet. Communicates and builds actions accordingly. Produces monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasts
- Identifies and supports area specific CAPEX files; administrates and tracks CAPEX granted.
Topline & Customer Services:
- Ensure effective management of customer relationships, lead the supply contract negotiation and fulfill the customer contracts to satisfaction
- Develops strategies to drive business growth
- Interacts with direct managers to develop best practices, processes and to ensure plant activities are optimized and costs are best in class.
- Effectively use Lafarge resources and programs with Local Production, Quality and Maintenance departments to drive operational excellence.
People Management and Labor Relations
- ‘Walks the floor.’ Takes the time to be present in the operation, and to be open to all levels of the organization, to communication and concerns.
- Directly responsible for the development, motivation and training of all departmental managers.
- Ensure the right persons are in the right position. Hires and dismisses staff in co-ordination with HR, as required.
- Participates in the building of the career and succession plan for the key positions and employees in the aggregates activity
- Follows and promotes the Lafarge HR business cycle (O & HR Review, Annual performance review, Annual Objective setting, Individual Development Plans, Career & Succession Plan.)
- Responsible for the administration and management of the local collective agreement with site employees, maintain positive and constructive relationship with union.
Environment, Land and Community Relations:
- Establishes the environment as a priority. Ensures all local, provincial and federal regulations are met or exceeded by following Lafarge best practices and condition’s of site permits.
- Work with Land Management team in the development, implementation and management of a sustainable mining plan with detailed stripping, production phasing and rehabilitation forecasts to ensure reserve optimization, while managing community impact.
- Work with Environmental Department to develop, implement and manage operational standards to manage activities and mitigate our environmental impact.
- In line with the Group and country corporate social responsibility (CSR) objectives leads aggregate related community relations activities including: open houses, stakeholder relations, and issue management
- Direct Reports: 5 Salaried Managers
- Indirect Reports: 13 Salaried and 70 Hourly employees.
- Annual revenues: $25-35M
- Volumes: 0M tonnes
- Safety leadership and continued development of Safety Culture
- Income Statements & Balance Sheets.
- Annual Budget including key targets on EBITDA, SWC, Synergies
- Texada Strategic Framework, O & HR business cycle
- Annual Sales forecasts and Contract Management, Inventory reconciliation
- Mining plan and environmental management plan
- Performance Management of direct reports and administration of local Union agreement
- Effective leadership and engagement of all personnel at the site
- Optimization of operational cost and achievement of Excellence objectives
- Develop and continually improve effective Stakeholder/Community relations